For a complete listing of events or to register, please visit our Eventbrite site at http://itsmd.eventbrite.com
*Professional Development Hours are available at select events hosted by the Intelligent Transportation Society of Maryland
|2020 ITS Maryland Virtual Annual Meeting with Keynote MDOT Secretary Greg Slater|
|Join your 200 registered colleagues for ITS Maryland’s first ever virtual Annual Meeting, to be held this Wednesday, October 21, 2020! MDOT Secretary Greg Slater will deliver the morning keynote address and speakers throughout the event will touch on the multi-faceted aspects of Crisis Response, featuring content pertaining to innovation, maintenance & operations in times of crisis, and COVID-19 impacts and response.|
Over the course of the day, Annual Meeting attendees will have the opportunity to network through virtual meet-ups, messaging and group chats. Live Q&A periods will also follow each annual meeting session, providing meeting participants with ample opportunity to interact with session leads and with one another. Exhibitors will showcase the latest in ITS product developments and applications through our Exhibitor Lightning Round and a day-long virtual exhibitor hall.
————————– PROGRAM ————————–
8AM – 8:30AM Orientation and Networking
8:30AM – 9:30AM Welcome Address and Keynote
• Robin Fish, Senior Project Manager with Mead & Hunt and 2020 ITS Maryland President
• Greg Slater, Transportation Secretary, Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT)
9:30AM – 10:15AM Exhibitor Lightning Round
10:15AM – 11:15AM M&O Crisis Response
• Freight Impacts – Bill Doyle, Executive Director, Maryland Port Administration
• Evacuation Planning – Stephen Wong, Graduate Research Assistant, University of California, Berkeley
• MDTA Conversion to AET – Bob Jordan, Electronic Toll Program Manager, Maryland Transportation Authority (MdTA)
11:15AM – 12:15PM COVID-19 and Innovation
• VDOT NRO COVID Response, ATSPM Applications – Ling Li, Operations Engineering Manager, Northern Region, Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
• UMD COVID-19 Impact Analysis Platform – Mark Franz, Center for Advanced Transportation Technology Laboratory (CATT Lab)
• Factors Influencing Future Traffic Conditions – Glenn McLaughlin, Senior Advisor, Altus Group
12:15PM – 1PM LUNCH BREAK
1PM – 2PM Multimodal Innovation
• Touchless Transactions with Transit – Andy Taylor, Director of Strategy, Cubic
• Contactless Ped Detection – Harvey Alexander, Signals and ITS Maintenance Division Manager, District Department of Transportation (DDOT)
• COVID Shared Mobility Impacts – Aaron Goldbeck, Transportation Planner and Micro Mobility Specialist, District Department of Transportation (DDOT)
2PM – 3:30PM Future Traffic Impacts Panel
• Lisa Shemer, MDOT SHA Travel Forecasting and Analysis Division Chief, MDOT State Highway Administration (MDOT SHA)
• Matt Bonacci, Signal & Arterial Systems Deputy Program Manager, Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
• Ryan McNary, PennDOT BOMO Traffic Systems and Performance Manager, PennDOT Bureau of Maintenance and Operations (BOMO)
• Jorge Barrios, Senior Engineer, Kittelson & Associates, Inc.
• Raj Paradkar, Senior Transportation Engineer, Kimley-Horn & Associates, Inc.
3:30PM – 4:30PM Closing Message, Scholarships, and Board Announcements
Date and Time
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
8:00AM – 4:30PM ET
LINK TO THE MEETING
This is a virtual event, to be hosted through Whova. On the day of the event, be sure to join from your desktop computer (preferred), or download the Whova app on your mobile device!
Session topics to include M&O Crisis Response, COVID-19 and Innovation, Multimodal Innovations, and more! A Virtual Exhibit Hall will be running throughout the day. Detailed schedule to follow in the coming weeks.
We are sorry, registration is closed.
Have a Question?
For questions regarding this conference, please email Bailey Lozner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Robin Fish (email@example.com).
For more information about member organizations or becoming a member of ITS Maryland, please visit www.ITSMD.org.