On this page:
ITS Maryland strives for excellence in chapter governance and achievement of goals of providing a forum for coordination, communication, education, training, and outreach among its members.
The Awards and Nominating Committee manages the annual board nomination and election process to ensure fair and smooth transition of the governing body. Through this process, ITS Maryland members are able to nominate and vote for the new officers and members of the Board of Directors.
The Awards and Nominating Committee is also responsible for managing the ITS Maryland Scholarship Awards Program. ITS Maryland recognizes the need to invest in the new generation of engineers, developers, and architects that will be the future of the transportation industry. The scholarship program provides financial assistance to undergraduate and graduate students in need. This competitive program includes several universities in Maryland, DC, and Delaware, and encourages students from different disciplines to apply.
ITS Maryland, as an organization is proud of its accomplishments in the fields of networking, outreach, and advocacy, effective organizational and professional development, and strong and engaging chapter governance. Awards and Nominating Committee members are active in sharing their best practices and lessons learned with other chapters nation-wide and in this spirit the committee competes for annual ITS America National Chapter Awards that include Outstanding Chapter Award and Membership Growth Award.
The Intelligent Transportation Society of Maryland (ITS Maryland) is pleased to announce up to $6,000 in scholarships, with a minimum of $1,000 per scholarship at the discretion of ITS Maryland, for the 2020-2021 school year. We invite undergraduate and graduate students currently registered as full time students in a university or a college in Maryland, Delaware, or the District of Columbia to apply for the scholarship.
*** Application deadline is now Sunday, October 4, 2020 ***
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an ITS Maryland student member (you may join ITS Maryland at the time when you apply for the scholarship),
- Plan for a career in the field of Intelligent Transportation,
- Be enrolled in a transportation-related field, including but not limited to transportation related engineering, transportation related planning and logistics,
- Registered as a full-time student in the academic year of 2020-2021,
- Pursue a degree at a university, a college, or an academic institution in the State of Maryland, State of Delaware, or the District of Columbia,
- Have completed at least one academic year of study in the university, the college, or the academic institution,
- Be in academic good standing at your academic institution, and
- Not be a previous ITS Maryland Scholarship recipient. Note: previous applicants who did not receive a scholarship, but still meet the eligibility criteria, may reapply.
- The 2020 ITS Maryland Scholarship will be awarded at the ITS Maryland Annual Meeting to be held virtually mid-October, 2020. Historically, recipients of the 2020 ITS Maryland Scholarship are invited free of charge to the 2020 ITS Maryland Annual Meeting to be recognized during the lunchtime program and attend the technical sessions and networking events at the Maritime Institute of Technology in Linthicum, Maryland as desired. However, due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, recipients will be recognized during this year’s virtual annual meeting.
- To become an ITS Maryland student member, complete the student membership application form and return it with your scholarship application. Completing the student membership application form automatically gives eligible students free membership to ITS MD for one year. The scholarship application should be sent electronically to Rene Lord-Attivor at firstname.lastname@example.org. The benefits of being an ITS MD member include networking opportunities, access to latest information on diverse ITS technologies and projects, and discounted attendance fees for ITS MD events.
The ITS Maryland Scholarship Committee looks forward to reviewing your application and wishes you much success in your studies and beyond. For more information, please contact me at email@example.com or visit http://www.itsmd.org.